I'm a little late posting today - spent all morning running errands and going to appointments. Whatever happened to the lazy days of summer??
In fact, I was insanely busy all last week - post-vacation catch-up! I am making progress, slowly but surely. I am down to just 100 unread e-mails now (I started with 1000!). So, little time for either reading or blogging last week, but I am hoping to get back to normal this week.
Here's what we read last week:
- I finished Outlander by Diana Galbaldon. I enjoyed it very much and would definitely read another in the series...when have a few weeks to devote to it!
- I am diverting briefly from my Big Book Summer focus to read a novel for my library's book group, The Postmistress by Sarah Blake. I don't know if I'll be able to finish in time for the discussion on Wednesday, but I am enjoying the book.
- I started a new audio, the middle-grade novel, Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt. I have only finished disk 1, but I am loving it already.
- In a few spare moments (OK, I admit it, in the bathroom), I read a new middle-grade graphic novel, Cardboard by Doug Tennapel. I liked it more than I expected to - it's a unique premise and a very clever story about magic cardboard that gets out of hand.
- My husband, Ken, finally got his turn with George R.R. Martin's A Clash of Kings (Book 2) now that our son finished the first three books!
- Jamie, 17, had to get back to work upon returning home (he still has 2 classes to finish this summer), so he's not reading as much as he'd like to, but he is continuing to enjoy David Eddings' The Elenium Trilogy with the second book, The Ruby Knight.
What are you and your family reading this week?
(What Are You Reading Monday is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey, with a middle-grade/teen version hosted by Teach Mentor Books.)
I'm on post vacation catch-up right now. I just got back, and I need to catch up on everyone's blog posts. I have Outlander, I just haven't started it yet.
I completely understand the email thing. It drives my husband crazy that I always have so many emails in my inbox!
I want to get to Outlander, but I agree that I need a free week or two to tackle that one.
Today was post-vacation catch up for me, too! I'm so glad to have summers off so we can go on vacation but still have time to recover. I'm feeling like as a mom there will always be extra post-vacation catch up for a while now...
I love Okay For Now. I really thought it deserved to win the Newbery....or at least take an Honor. Oh well. I hope you enjoy it! I haven't listened to the audio but adore the book.
Okay For Now DID win an award! That's how I heard about it - it won the Odyssey Award for Excellence in Audiobook Production, so I'm listening to the audio version.
Post a Comment