Monday, September 3, 2012

It's Monday 9/3! What Are You Reading?


Ah, September....fall is my favorite season!  Of course, it was in the mid-90's here this weekend and horribly humid, but the calendar tells me that fall is coming.  I'm ready!


We had a busy week - first week of college for our oldest son, first week of high school for our younger son, and house guests for the weekend.  So, none of us had much time for reading, but we continued making our way through some good books:
  • I am almost finished with 11/22/63 by Stephen King.  It is soooo good that all I want to do is read all day!  Hopefully, I will finish today, just under the wire for the Big Book Summer Challenge!
  • My husband, Ken, is reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, the hot book of the summer, though he isn't loving it yet.
  • Jamie, 18, finished A Feast of Crows by George R.R. Martin (book 4 in the Game of Thrones series).  He can't wait to read book 5!  He hasn't decided what book to read next yet.
And that's about it - I told you it was a busy week!  I didn't even get in any audio book time because my son took the car with the CD player to college with him.

I did manage a bit of blogging last week.  I wrote a review of Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt, an amazing middle-grade audio book, and I posted a list of my favorite book podcasts - I hope you'll give some of them a try and let me know about your favorites! 


What are you and your family reading this week?


(What are you reading Monday is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey, with a kids/teen version hosted by Teach Mentor Texts.)

6 comments:

GatheringBooks said...

Wonderful to see another Game of Thrones fan, I'm still in Book 3, A Storm of Swords and hopefully I finish it within the week. :) Thanks for sharing all these lovely titles.

Julie said...

I read and reviewed Gone Girl before it was such a hit; glad to see how many people agree with me on it! I think that your hubby has a treat in store (it gets better as you go). I swear .. I AM going to get The Game of Thrones series books! I also BLEW through 11/22/63 - love King, and this is one of his best!

Right now, I'm reading Wisdom's Daughter by India Edghill; my middle daughter is almost through Under the Dome by Stephen King (another tome, but, oh, so good); my Bebe Boy James and I are almost finished with The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan.

I'm off to read your review of Okay for Now.

Enjoy your reading week!

Sue Jackson said...

Myra - There are 2 Game of Thrones fans in our house - my husband just finished Book 2!

Sue

Sue Jackson said...

Julie -

Thanks for sharing what your family is reading, too! I love to hear what everyone is into. I haven't read Under the Dome yet, either - maybe next summer!

My boys loved The Percy Jackson series but we haven't read any of the Red Pyramid books yet.

Sue

Adriana @ BooksOnHerMind said...

I joined a challenge this September too. When does summer end anyway? My cousin's fiance is reading Gone Girl and she loves it. I'll have to get a copy of hers from her ebook (;
Come check out my It's Monday!:
http://shesgotbooksonhermind.blogspot.com/

Lindsey said...

Wow, you are having a busy week. My little guy is starting preschool this week, but we are finishing up a Mrs. Piggle Wiggle book in the next few days.