In the meantime, I read a LOT last month and started my Big Book Summer Challenge. Here's what I read in June:
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, a teen/YA novel, my first Big Book of the summer, and just as good the 2nd time! (Germany)
- Blue Asylum by Kathy Hepinstall, a novel set in Civil War times (Florida)
- The Silver Six by A.J. Lieberman and Darren Rawlins, a middle-grade graphic novel (Massachusetts)
- The Infinity Ring #1: A Mutiny in Time by James Dashner, middle-grade fiction (Pennsylvania)
- The Infinity Ring #2: Divide and Conquer by Carrie Ryan, middle-grade fiction (France)
- The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh, novel (San Francisco, CA)
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne, fictional audio book (Germany)
- Arcadia by Lauren Groff, novel (New York)
- Lucky for Good by Susan Patron, middle-grade fiction (California)
Nine books in all! That's definitely a one-month record for me. It helped that several were quick middle-grade novels. This was a big book group month for me - I read The Book Thief, Blue Asylum, The Language of Flowers, and Arcadia all for book groups (and yes, my husband has already informed me I have an addiction!). The Book Thief is a long-time favorite of mine - I first read it several years ago - but of the books I read for the first time, I think The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is my favorite this month - it was just so unique and emotionally powerful.
Update on 2013 Reading Challenges:
I added only 1 new state (Florida) to my Where Are You Reading 2013 Challenge, but I also added 2 new countries (as usual, the titles are piling up for California and New York). Of these 9 books, only 1 (The Boy in the Striped Pajamas) came from my TBR pile - yikes, I better quit taking more books out of the library! - so my 2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge is up to 9 books now. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas was also my 5th audio book for the 2013 Audio Book Challenge.
What was your favorite book read in June?