- Jamie (15) read Wrath of the Bloodeye by Joseph Delaney, Book Five in The Last Apprentice series. He says this is one of the best series he's ever read, and he's been urging me to give it a try.
- Jamie just started Leviathan, a brand-new, unique novel by Scott Westerfeld, author of The Uglies series. It's a novel set at the cusp of World War I, except the two sides are battling with Clankers, steam-driven iron machines, and fabricated animals, including the Leviathan, a whale airship. The novel is illustrated with detailed drawings. We've both been looking forward to this one.
- Craig (11) is almost finished with Charlie Bone and the Shadow, part of his favorite series, and is looking for his next book, something worth 5 AR points to finish up his reading requirements for Language Arts class.
- I've been listening to the teen audio book Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. I'm not normally much into supernatural type stuff, but this is very good so far.
- I'm currently reading the third and final book of The Book of Time trilogy by Guillaume Prevost, The Circle of Gold. Jamie and I both love this time-traveling trilogy.
- My husband, Ken, is still working on Inkspell, the second book in the Inkheart trilogy by Cornelia Funke. He's says it's very good but long!
(What are you reading Monday is sposored by J. Kaye's Book Blog)