We had a busy holiday season, so I had to take a little break from blogging. We read some great books during the holiday break, though, and I have a lot of reviews coming up!
- I finished Spacer and Rat by Margaret Bechard, an imaginative teen science fiction novel set during the future when humans have populated space. My son was right - it was very good.
- Jamie, 15, read a lot during our trip to Oklahoma (including two 6-hour air travel days!). He finished Raider's Ransom by Emily Diamand, an exciting pirate adventure set in the 23rd century, when most of England is under water. He enjoyed it very much and says the author's view of the future was interesting.
- Jamie also read Nation by Terry Pratchett, a Christmas gift from my husband and I that I chose based on reviews I read on other blogs. He says it was brilliant and gripping.
- He has now started Pendragon: The Pilgrims of Rayne (book 8) by D.J. MacHale, part of our all-time favorite series for middle-grade and teen readers. I read book 8 this summer and loved it.
- Craig, 11, was half-way through Aliens Stole My Body, the fourth and final book in Bruce Coville's Aliens series when he lost the book at school! He was very upset about it (I'm requesting it from the library today for him), but he cheered up when he received Dark Whispers for Christmas. This is the third book in Bruce Coville's Unicorn Chronicles series, Craig's favorite series. He says it's exciting and suspenseful.
(What are you reading Mondays is sponsored by J. Kaye's Book Blog).