- I read - and loved - When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead, a book that recently won the Newberry Medal. It's a wonderful middle-grade novel about a thirteen-year old girl obsessed with A Wrinkle in Time who's dealing with her own strange events. Check out my review.
- I also read a book published for adults but perfectly appropriate for older teens and young adults, Life on the Refrigerator Door by Alice Kuipers (recommended by Kim at Page After Page). It's a novel told entirely through the notes that a mom and 15-year old daughter leave for each other, and it's got surprising depth and emotion - I cried my eyes out!
- Jamie, 15, finished The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman and loved it. I want to read it next!
- Jamie started Sabriel by Garth Nix, a Christmas gift from us, based on a recommendation from The Eclectic Reader (thanks!).
- Craig, 12, is reading Aliens Stole My Body, the fourth and final book in one of his favorite series by Bruce Coville. He says it's really getting good toward the end!
- My husband, Ken is reading Brisingr, the third book in the wonderful trilogy by Christopher Paolini that began with Eragon. This is one of Jamie's favorite series of all time.
(What are you reading Mondays is sponsored by J. Kaye's book blog).