None of us had a lot of reading time, but we're all reading some good books:
- Jamie, 15, is reading Sharp North by Patrick Cave, a new teen thriller set in a future Great Britain where mysterious murders occur and the wealthy keep illegal clones of themselves, just in case. He says it's an awesome book!
- Jamie finished The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows for his British Literature class at school and enjoyed it very much. I'm next!
- Craig, 12, finished Hunting for Hidden Gold by Franklin W. Dixon, a Hardy Boys book and moved onto another one, The Bombay Boomerang. He also loves to watch our DVDs of the old Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew TV show from the 70's, especially on sick days. I enjoy them, too - I used to have a picture of Parker Stevenson hanging in my locker!
- My husband, Ken, finished Icecore, a new teen thriller by Matt Whyman that both Jamie and I loved. You can read my review here.
- I'm reading Wherever Nina Lies by Lynn Weingarten, an excellent teen book that combines mystery, suspense, and romance. I'm about half done and loving it so far!
- I finished My One Hundred Adventures by Polly Horvath on audio and am now listening to its sequel, Northward to the Moon. They're both excellent.
Now, for an embarrassing admission. I've been wondering why I never get any comments on this blog...and just now discovered I get lots of them but wasn't being notified! Seriously, I had no idea anyone was leaving comments which is why I never reply to any or visit your blogs. My other blogs are set up with e-mail notification and comment approval. As soon as I post this, I'm going to change my settings so that I'll actually see your comments from now on - sorry! Boy, do I feel stupid...
Anyway, what is your family reading this week? I really do want to know and will even read your comments this time!
(What are you reading Mondays is hosted by One Person's Journey Through a World of Books).