We had an enjoyable reading week:
- Jamie, 15, finished his nostalgic re-reading of all 14 Deltora Quest books on his shelf, an old favorite middle-grade fantasy series by Emily Rodda.
- Jamie started Freefall by Roderick Gordon and Brian Williams, the third book in a wonderful middle-grade underground adventure series. Jamie, Ken (my husband) and I all read the first book, Tunnels, which was excellent, a unique plot with plenty of suspense. I haven't gotten to Deeper yet, the second book, but Jamie's says it's even better, and he's enjoying book three now, too. The series is being made into a movie which should be amazing!
- I finished Num8ers by Rachel Ward and could hardly put it down! Check out my review of this exciting teen paranormal thriller that kept me up way past bedtime.
- Now I'm reading a grown-up novel, Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos, written by a local Wilmington author, for my library's book discussion this week. I'm enjoying it very much so far.
- Craig is reading A Wrinkle in Time for English class and still loving it! I'm thrilled that he's enjoying my favorite book from childhood!
- In the car on the way to and from Connecticut, we listened to more of Erec Rex: The Search for Truth by Kara Kingsley. This is the third book in a fantasy series we've been enjoying on audio since last summer's vacation - the boys really love this series.
(What are you reading Mondays is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey).