- I finished Unwind by Neal Shusterman and absolutely loved it! I couldn't wait to tell you about it, so I posted a review the same day.
- Now, I'm in the middle of Beloved by Toni Morrison for our library book discussion this week. It's a Classic Potluck - everyone reads a classic of their own choosing then tells the group about it. I know some don't consider Beloved old enough to be a classic, but it was included on a list of classics from the library, and I've wanted to read a Toni Morrison book for a long time. She's got an unusual writing style at times, but I'm enjoying this moving story very much so far.
- My husband took his new mystery, New Orleans Mourning by Julie Smith, with him on his trip, along with Unwind, after Jamie and I raved about it!
- Jamie, 16, is still reading Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury for school (he says he's ahead of the class since he read a lot while he was sick recently) and The Stand by Stephen King for fun.
- Craig, 12, is still reading The Book of Time by by Guillaume Prevost, the first book in an exciting, fast-paced time-travel series, but I don't think he read at all last week! We'll have to remedy that this week...
And check out these details of the upcoming movie versions of The Hunger Games and The Help. I can't wait to see both of them!
What are you and your family reading this week?
(What are you reading Mondays is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey).