Meanwhile, as always, our books bring all of us comfort during trying times:
- I finished Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury and loved it (again). I intended to post a review of it for Banned Books Week, but things really fell apart here at the end of the week. I will get to it this week. It's such a clever book...and so ironic that it was banned!
- I am now (finally) reading Linger by Maggie Stiefvater - pure fun escapism which is exactly what I needed!
- I am also reading (I admit it...in the bathroom!) When Parents Text: So Much Said, So Little Understood by Lauren Kaelin and Sophia Fraioli. A fellow book blogger passed it along to me, and it is hilarious!! I keep reading texts out loud to my husband and sons.
- And I am listening to Trail of Crumbs: Hunger, Love and the Search for Home, a memoir by Kim Sunee, and am thoroughly enjoying it.
- My husband, Ken, is reading The Passage by Justin Cronin and enjoying it. It's fun to have someone to talk to about it now, but it's hard not to give too much away!
- Jamie, 17, was home sick most of the week, so he read a lot. He read The Last Apprentice: Rise of the Huntress (#7) by Joseph Delaney, the latest in a favorite series.
- Next, he read a brand-new book he picked out at the bookstore a few weeks ago - not part of a familiar series for a change! He thoroughly enjoyed The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima.
- Then, he finally began an old fantasy series that is one of his Dad's favorites, The Belgariad by David Eddings. He said Book One: Pawn of Prophecy was a bit slow until the end, but the action has really picked up now in Book Two: Queen of Sorcery. Ken has been trying to convince him to read this series for ages!
- Craig, 13, has been reading The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman. He is taking an AR test on it at school today, so he'll be switching to a new book this week.
I posted just one review last week, Middle School is Worse Than Meatloaf by Jennifer L. Holm. I also wrote two lists, Top Ten Books I Want to Reread at Book By Book and Top Ten Kids/Teen Books I Want to Reread.
What are you and your family reading this week?
(What are you reading Monday is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.)