Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Top Ten Unread Kids/Teen Books on My Shelf

It's Tuesday, and that means it's Top Ten day over at The Broke and the Bookish.  Head on over there to link to lots of great blogs and lots of fun lists.

Today's topic is Top Ten Unread Books On My Shelf.  This was a very easy list for me - I could have listed 20 or 30 Unread Books on My Shelf easily!   Not only on my shelf, but in baskets, in piles on the floor...you get the idea.  Although I have an overflowing bookcase of grown-up books waiting to be read (see my list over at Book By Book), there are even more kids', teen, and YA books stacked up around our house because those are the ones I accept for review.  And, many of the books in this list are ones my son, Jamie, has told me I have to read, but it's hard to find time for all of them!
  • Sharp North by Patrick Cave - recommended by Jamie.
  • Nation by Terry Pratchett - another Jamie recommendation, plus I've never read a Pratchett novel.
  • The Search for the Red Dragon (book 2) and all the rest of the Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica series by James A. Owen - I read the first one and loved it but never seem to find the time for the rest of them!
  • The rest of the Tunnels series by Gordon Williams - ditto.
  • Inkspell and Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke - ditto!
  • The Thirteenth Child by Patricia Wrede - another one Jamie loved.
  • The Mortals Instruments series by Cassandra Clare - Jamie says, "Mom, you HAVE to read this series!"
  • Goldstrike by Matt Whyman - sequel to Icecore
  • Fly By Night by Frances Hardinge - this one has been on the shelf for maybe 5 years!
  • The Mirror of Fire and Dreaming by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni - another one that's been sitting her for years - I keep considering finally getting rid of it but then I read the cover again, and it sounds interesting!
How about you?  Which unread books are haunting your shelves?

2 comments:

Suey said...

Wow... I really need to read a Pratchett novel too. Any day now... any day.

Sara (of the Page Sage) said...

I love the Inkheart Trilogy! Her new book, Reckless, is great, too! (: