We all had a great reading week:
- Believe it or not, I managed to finish Skeletons at the Feast by Chris Bohjalian in time for my book group meeting on Wednesday...well, I actually finished the last few pages during my book group meeting! I loved the book - set in Germany in 1945 - and will post a review this week.
- Next I started a teen/YA novel, Irises by Francisco X. Stork (author of Marcelo in the Real World). I'm almost finished with it and have enjoyed it.
- My husband, Ken, started Divergent by Veronica Roth, a teen dystopian novel that my son and I both enjoyed - I love when we share books in our family!
- Jamie, 17, read like crazy last week, including several huge bricks that I brought home from the library for him. In preparation, he reread The Demon King, Book One of the Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima. Then he read Book Two, The Exiled Queen. He is loving this series so much that he begged me to request Book Three from the library and has been asking me hourly if it is in yet!
- Since he couldn't read Book Three yet, he read another library book I got him, The Lost Hero, Book One in Rick Riordan's new series, The Heroes of Olympus. He said it was excellent, building on the Percy Jackson series with some of the same characters but with the addition of Roman gods.
- Craig, 14, finished his Hardy Boys book and started the first book in the Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan, The Ruins of Gorlan.
- Craig's English class is reading an excerpt from The Diary of Anne Frank in school, so we talked about that this weekend.
What are you and your family reading this week?