Friday, April 5, 2013

Books Read in March


Spring has been slow to arrive here in Delaware this year, with our biggest (and only) snowfall of the year at the end of the month and a very cold Easter weekend. But no matter what the weather is outside, it's always a good time for reading! Here are the books I finished in March:
  • The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey, a fabulous, magical novel (Alaska)
  • Crispin -The Cross of Lead by Avi, middle-grade novel set in the Middle Ages (England)
  • Stolen by Lucy Christopher, teen/YA novel, about a kidnapped girl and her captive (Australia)


  • The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker, another amazing novel (California)
  • Ruins by Orson Scott Card, a teen/YA sci fi novel (other worldly!)
  • Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver, an audio book novel (Tennessee)

 It was an all-fiction month! Of the 6 novels I read, two were for grown-ups, two for teens/YA, and one for middle-graders. I enjoyed all of them - it was an excellent reading month! - but I think my favorite was The Age of Miracles. Or The Snow Child. Do I have to choose? I loved both.

2013 Reading Challenges: I added only 3 new states (Alaska, California, and Tennessee) to my 2013 Where Are You Reading Challenge. It's always interesting when you read sci fi, and it is not located on this world, let alone in this country. I read mostly new books this month and just one from my TBR shelf for a total of 7 so far for the 2013 TBR Pile Challenge, but I think I should get extra credit for Crispin because it was on my shelf for so many years! I finally finished my second audio book for the 2013 Audio Book Challenge - I doubt I will make it to my goal of 12; I just don't have enough alone time for listening to audios.

What were your favorite books read in March?

No comments: