October is one of my favorite months - I can't believe it's over already! It was a rough month for me - lots of sick days (weeks), but that means I had lots of reading time.
October was also Dangerous Reads Month (inspired by Tanya at Girl xoxo), and I thoroughly enjoyed reading and listening to lots of creepy books! Here's what I finished reading in October:
- Dreams of My Russian Summers by Andre Makine, novel (Russia)
- Unbroken by Paula Morris, teen/YA ghost story novel (Louisiana)
- City of Women by David Gilham, historical fiction (Germany)
- In the After by Demitria Lunetta, teen/YA post-apocalyptic/dytopian audio book (Illinois)
- UnWholly by Neal Schusterman, teen/YA dystopian novel (Arizona)
- In the Woods by Tana French, mystery novel (Ireland)
So, six books total, all fiction, evenly split between teen/YA and adult novels and one was an audio book. No nonfiction or middle-grade books this month. I think you can see just from the covers that most were creepy good fits for Dangerous Reads Month! I missed a couple of reviews early in the month while I was sick. It's hard to choose a favorite, but I think for this month it was City of Women.
Update on 2013 Reading Challenges:
I added four new locations for my 2013 Where Are You Reading Challenge: Louisiana, Arizona, Ireland, and Russia. That brings my totals up to 26 states and 11 countries. Three of these book were from my TBR shelves, bringing my total up to 16 for the 2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge. I listened to one audio books for the 2013 Audio Book Challenge, bringing my total up to 11 for this year so far.
Oh, and in October, I started Facebook pages for both of my book blogs: Book By Book and Great Books for Kids and Teens. Check them out and click "Like" to get updates on new blog posts and reviews and have fun chatting with other book lovers!
All in all, it was a great reading month! What were your favorite books read in October?