- After Jamie finished reading Sabriel by Garth Nix, he read a brand new teen thriller, Icecore by Matt Whyman, about a seventeen-year old boy who hacks into the security system at Fort Knox for fun and ends up in a military prison deep in the Arctic. Jamie says it was very suspenseful, with lots of exciting plot twists. I've added it to my stack of want-to-reads!
- In preparation for seeing the new movie The Lightening Thief, Jamie read the first three books of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan this week! We had previously listened to the first two books on audio a few years ago on family vacations. This week, Jamie read The Lightening Thief, listened to The Sea of Monsters, and read The Titan's Curse. Now he wants the fourth book!
- Finally, on my recommendation, Jamie started Everwild by Neal Shusterman, the intriguing sequel to Everlost, which he and I both loved. I just finished Everwild last week; Jamie's already half-way through and enjoying it very much.
- Craig, 12, is still reading Nick of Time by Ted Bell, a pirate time-travel story that he says is the best book he's ever read!
- My husband, Ken, is reading Brisingr, third book in the amazing Eragon trilogy by Christopher Paolini.
- No kids or teens books for me this week - I've been reading Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger.
(What are you reading Mondays is hosted by One Person's Journey Through a World of Books).