It was a good reading week for all of us:
- Jamie, age 15, finished Everwild by Neal Shusterman, the excellent sequel to Everlost. He loved it as much as I did, then passed it on to his Dad who is now reading it!
- Jamie started Sharp North by Patrick Cave, a new teen thriller set in a future Great Britain where mysterious murders occur and the wealthy keep illegal clones of themselves, just in case...
- Craig, 12, is still reading Nick of Time by Ted Bell, an exciting time travel pirate adventure.
- I finished listening to Camilla by Madeleine L'Engle on audio, a coming-of-age teen classic by one of my favorite authors.
- During our car trip, we all listened to the audio of another classic, From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg. We're about 2/3 of the way through and finishing it at home - we're all enjoying it very much and have decided we need to visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC!
What are you and your family reading this week?
(What are you reading Mondays is hosted by One Person's Journey Through a World of Books)
I'm trying to finish Rampant by Wednesday.
I really need to read Everlost. I started it and then put it aside for some reason and never picked it back up.
Sounds like you've had a good week of reading. We're making our way through a Clone Wars junior novel with our 5 year old. I can't wait until he can read these books on his own!
Great week of reading for all. I loved Nick of Time and just read there is a sequel coming soon!
I have been wanting to read the Everlost series. I loved Unwind and figure I will like these too. Your family had a great week. Hope this one is even better.
Nise' - My son was excited to hear there's a sequel to Nick of Time coming - he can't wait!
Jan - My older son just started Unwind yesterday (he's home sick, so he's almost done) - he says it's excellent! My turn next!
Post a Comment