Here's what we're reading this week:
- I finally finished The Passage by Justin Cronin and absolutely loved it, except for the very last sentence! Though it seemed to be wrapping up nicely up until that last sentence, there is definitely a sequel coming, and he left me hanging. It was excellent - highly recommended for fans of suspense, thrillers, paranormal, and post-apocalyptic plots. Something for everyone.
- Next, I finished up The Search for Wondla by Tony Diterlizzi (co-author of The Spiderwick Chronicles), a middle-grade sci-fi novel. We started the audio on vacation, but no one wanted to finish it because of the narrator. So, I finished reading the paper novel and really enjoyed it.
- Now I am reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. I've been dying to read this after hearing so many wonderful things about it. It's my neighborhood book group's pick for September, so I thought I'd get a head start and skip the last-minute panic! It's fascinating so far.
- My husband, Ken, is still reading Tropic of Night by Michael Gruber and enjoying it.
- Jamie, 17 tomorrow!, finished reading Across the Great Barrier by Patricia Wrede and tells me I have to read this series!
- Next, Jamie read Num8ers and The Chaos by Rachel Ward, teen thrillers which I recommended to him. He said they weren't his normal kind of book, but he enjoyed both and is looking forward to book 3.
What are you and your family reading this week?
(What are you reading Monday is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.)
I want to read Across the Great Barrier so much! I've been waiting for it to come out for ages. :)
Just hopping through, enjoy your week :D
Me, too, Alyce! First I need to read Thirteenth Child...so many good books and so little time...
I just realized that I never wrote a review for The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. I really enjoyed it...quite interesting. Hope you think so, too.
Post a Comment