Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Top Ten Kid/Teen Books on my TBR List for Fall

It's Tuesday, and that means Top Ten day over at The Broke and the Bookish.  Head on over and check out all the blogs who posted lists today!

Today's topic is Top Ten Kid/Teen Books on My TBR List for Fall.  I noticed some blogs mainly listed books that will be released this fall that they want to read.  I'm never that organized or caught up, so I went to my rather extensive TBR (to be read) bookcase.  Yes, they almost fill up a whole bookcase now!  And some have been there for a very long time, as you will see.  Many of these are recommendations from my son. (I stuck to just books for kids and teens here, but you can also read my list of grown-up books at Book By Book).
  • Linger and Forever by Maggie Stiefvater - I loved Shiver and plan to read the next two books as soon as I finish my current one.
  • Goldstrike by Matt Whyman, sequel to Icecore - my son says the second books is also good.
  • Words in the Dust by Trent Reedy - I really enjoyed Thunder Over Kandahar which is also set in Afghanistan.
  • The Roar by Emma Clayton - my son says this is really good.
  • The Thirteenth Child by Patricia Wrede - another one highly recommended by my son!
  • The Game of Sunken Places by M.T. Anderson - Jamie also liked this middle-grade book which sounds a bit like Jumanji.
  • After Ever After by Jordan Sonnenblick - I carried this teen novel out to California with me this summer but never got to it.
  • Sharp North by Patrick Cave - another one Jamie loved!
  • Nation by Terry Pratchett - can you believe I haven't read anything by Pratchett yet?
  • Crispin: The Cross of Lead by Avi - both my son AND my husband have been telling for years that this is an amazing book.

 Oooh, I'm excited for the fall now!  What kids and teen books do you want to read this fall?

1 comment:

Sash and Em said...

Linger and Forever made us CRY.

new follower!

Sash and Em: A Tale of Two Bookies