Saturday, December 31, 2011

Fall Into Reading Challenge Wrap-Up

Back in September, I signed up for the the Fall Into Reading 2011 Challenge, hosted at Callapidder Days,my first-ever challenge!  I decided to challenge myself to read 10 grown-up books and 10 kids/teen books before the end of December (you can find my wrap-up for the grown-up books at Book By Book.)  I think I did pretty well for my first challenge.  I read 7 of the 10 kids/teen books on my list:

  1. Middle School is Worse Than Meatloaf by Jennifer L. Holm (reading now!)
  2. Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
  3. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater - I need to finally finish these sequels to Shiver!
  4. After Ever After by Jordan Sonnenblick - I never got to it on vacation in June
  5. The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch, another post-apocalyptic novel
  6. Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork
  7. Goldstrike by Matt Ehyman, sequel to Icecore
The 3 books I didn't get to:
  1. The Thirteenth Child by Patricia Wrede, based on my son's recommendation
  2. Six Days by Philip Webb, a new post-apocalyptic novel
  3. Sabotaged, The Missing, Book 3 by Margaret Peterson Haddix
I enjoyed the challenge and learned some lessons - mostly, not to be so ambitious!  There were several hot kids/teen/YA novels I wanted to read these last few months (including Wonderstruck and Blood Red Road), but I felt compelled to choose off this list instead, though I did insert a couple of new choices.  I prefer a little more flexibility, so next time, I will set more realistic goals for myself.  But I enjoyed it!  Thanks to Callapidder Days for hosting!

No comments: