2012 Where Are You Reading Challenge, hosted by Sheila at Book Journey -
This was my very first challenge (in 2011), though I took the no-stress approach and just tracked the locations where my books took place, rather than making any attempt to hit a certain target. My final tally for 2011 included 20 different states and 11 different countries. We'll see how many different places I visit through books in 2012!
Books On the Nightstand 12 in '12 Challenge -
Hosted by my favorite podcast (if you've never listened to Books on the Nightstand, you must try it!), the 12 in '12 Challenge allows each reader to set his or her own +12 challenge for 2012. My challenge is:
- To read at least 12 books from my TBR shelf, including at least 3 recommended by my husband.
2012 Dystopian Challenge, also hosted by Sheila at Book Journey -
I already have several dystopian novels on my TBR shelf, so I thought this one would be fun. I am signing up at the Intermediate Post World Trainee, shooting for 4-6 dystopian novels in 2012.
What's In a Name 5 Challenge, hosted by Beth Fish Reads -
I decided to sign up for this one just for pure fun! She has 5 very unique and creative categories set up for 2012. "Read one book in each of the following categories:
- A book with a topographical feature (land formation) in the title: Black Hills, Purgatory Ridge, Emily of Deep Valley
- A book with something you'd see in the sky in the title: Moon Called, Seeing Stars, Cloud Atlas
- A book with a creepy crawly in the title: Little Bee, Spider Bones, The Witches of Worm
- A book with a type of house in the title: The Glass Castle, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, Ape House
- A book with something you'd carry in your pocket, purse, or backpack in the title: Sarah's Key, The Scarlet Letter, Devlin Diary
- A book with a something you'd find on a calendar in the title: Day of the Jackal, Elegy for April, Freaky Friday, Year of Magical Thinking
2012 Memorable Memoirs Challenge, hosted by Melissa at The Betty and Boo Chronicles -
I love to read memoirs and have several already on my TBR shelf waiting to be read, so this one is a perfect fit for me. I am signing up The Diarist level, aiming to read between 1 and 4 memoirs in 2012 (though I may move up to the next level later).
So, that's it! Now I just need to figure out how to make a separate tab on my blog to track my challenges. Even though I have been blogging for about 6 years, I've never really moved beyond the basics!
What challenges are you signing up for this year?