Friday, March 8, 2013

Books Read in February

For such a short month, February seemed to go on and on. Our month started out well, with our annual Mardi Gras celebration, but went downhill after that, with our youngest son out of school for an entire month, due to several illnesses and knee surgery. He went in today for the first time, so hopefully the worst is behind us now. Reading-wise, I spent a lot of time at home taking care of him and read quite a bit:
  • In Other Worlds by Margaret Atwood, nonfiction essays about science fiction (Canada)
  • The Invisible Wall by Harry Bernstein, memoir (England)
  • Wildwood by Colin Meloy, middle-grade fantasy audio book (Oregon)





  • The Dark Side of Nowhere by Neal Schusterman, middle-grade/teen novel (Oklahoma)
  • The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros, classic novel (Illinois)


So, I read 8 books last month, which is a lot for me! It was also quite a mix - three nonfiction (one of those a memoir) and five novels. Four of those were adult books, two teen books, and two middle-grade - a nice variety. My favorite book of the month? Oh, it is always so hard to choose. I think Redfield Farm was my favorite - I raved about it so much that most of my extended family is now reading it!

2013 Reading ChallengesI added 5 new states and 2 countries to my Where Are You Reading 2013 Challenge (see locations above). I read 2 more books for the 2013 TBR Pile Challenge (mostly new books this month). I finally finished the audio book I started months ago for the Audio Book Challenge. And I read 1 book (The House on Mango Street) for the Books I Should Have Read Challenge - hurray!

What were your favorite books read in February?

No comments: