- In Other Worlds by Margaret Atwood, nonfiction essays about science fiction (Canada)
- The Invisible Wall by Harry Bernstein, memoir (England)
- Wildwood by Colin Meloy, middle-grade fantasy audio book (Oregon)
- The Far West by Patricia C. Wrede, teen/YA novel (North Dakota)
- Redfield Farm: A Novel of the Underground Railroad by Judith Redline Coopey (Pennsylvania)
- The Giant and How He Humbugged America by Jim Murphy, middle-grade nonfiction (New York)
- The Dark Side of Nowhere by Neal Schusterman, middle-grade/teen novel (Oklahoma)
- The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros, classic novel (Illinois)
So, I read 8 books last month, which is a lot for me! It was also quite a mix - three nonfiction (one of those a memoir) and five novels. Four of those were adult books, two teen books, and two middle-grade - a nice variety. My favorite book of the month? Oh, it is always so hard to choose. I think Redfield Farm was my favorite - I raved about it so much that most of my extended family is now reading it!
2013 Reading Challenges: I added 5 new states and 2 countries to my Where Are You Reading 2013 Challenge (see locations above). I read 2 more books for the 2013 TBR Pile Challenge (mostly new books this month). I finally finished the audio book I started months ago for the Audio Book Challenge. And I read 1 book (The House on Mango Street) for the Books I Should Have Read Challenge - hurray!
What were your favorite books read in February?