November was a rough month for me in other ways, but it was a good reading month! Here's what I finished reading last month:
- Tell Us We're Home by Marina Budhos, a middle-grade novel (New Jersey)
- Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple, a hilarious satirical novel (Washington)
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys, a powerful teen/YA historical novel (Lithuania)
- The Dream by Harry Bernstein, a memoir (Illinois)
- Flyaway by Lucy Christopher, a middle-grade novel (Scotland)
- The Dumbest Idea Ever! by Jimmy Gownley, a middle-grade/teen graphic novel memoir (Pennsylvania)
Lots of variety last month: I read a memoir, an adult novel, two middle-grade novels, a teen/YA novel, and a graphic novel memoir. My favorite book of the month? They were all good, but Between Shades of Gray completely blew me away! It is an amazing, powerful novel.
Update on 2013 Reading Challenges:
I added no new states to my 2013 Where Are You Reading Challenge, but I did add two new countries: Lithuania and Scotland. That brings my totals up to 26 states and 13 countries. Two of the book were from my TBR shelves, bringing my total up to 18 for the 2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge.
What were your favorite books read in November?