Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Top Ten New To Me Kids/Teen/YA Authors


It's Tuesday and that means it's Top Ten Tuesday over at The Broke and the Bookish. Head over there and check out all the top ten lists! Today's topic is Top Ten New To Me Authors Read in 2013. I had a tough time coming up with 10 at first because I have some favorite kid/teen/YA authors I tend to return to, but I ended up finding plenty of new-to-me authors I tried for the first time this year.

So, here is my list of Top Ten New-To-Me Kid/Teen/YA Authors Read in 2013:
-->
  • Patricia C. Wrede – I read the Frontier Magic trilogy and loved it: The ThirteenthChild, Across the Great Barrier, The Far West.
  • Patrick Ness – Chaos Walking trilogy, starting with  The Knife of Never Letting Go and TheAsk and the Answer (and I am now reading Monsters of Men).
  • Blue Balliet - Hold Fast – how did I never read any of her novels before?
  • Amber Kizer – A Matter of Days – a post-apocalyptic road trip
  • Ruta Sepetys – Between Shades of Gray – blew me away! Can’t wait to read her latest, Out of the Easy.
  • Lucy Christopher – I read both Flyaway, a middle-grade novel, and Stolen, a teen/YA novel, this year and can’t wait to read more.
  • Shaun Tan – Tales of Outer Suburbia – I’d heard so much about this author’s unique books and would love to read more.
  • Stephen Chobsky – The Perks of Being a Wallflower – I can’t believe I missed this classic for so many years!
  • Michael Northrup – Trapped – excellent suspense for teens.
  • Audrey Couloumbis - Not Exactly a Love Story, listened to on audio.

Lots of great books in that list! If you are also interested in my list of new-to-me adult authors, check out my list at Book By Book.

What were your favorite new-to-you authors this year?

No comments: