...And it's also my youngest son's 16th birthday today! How did 16 years go by so fast? He has to take 2 mid-terms on his birthday, but he is also frantically trying to squeeze in his last driving hours with the Driver's Ed teacher so he can go get his license tomorrow!
So, besides all the birthday excitement, we read some great books this week:
- I am still reading The House Girl by Tara Conklin for my neighborhood book group meeting on Wednesday. I'm enjoying it very much, especially how it moves back and forth from the past to the present.
- And I am still listening to The Real Boy by Anne Ursu on audio, a middle-grade novel by one of our favorite authors. It's very good so far.
- I also started reading 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think by Laura Vanderkam, in search of a little inspiration for feeling less overwhelmed and more in control in the new year. It's good so far, but I'm having trouble finding time to read it!
- My husband, Ken, just finished Lee Child's latest Jack Reacher novel, Never Go Back. I was asleep when he finished it last night, but I'm sure he enjoyed it - this is his favorite author and his favorite series.
- Jamie, 19, is still reading The Outstretched Shadow by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory, Book One in The Obsidian Trilogy.
Summary of Books Read in December
Best of 2013 and Year-End Summary - check out my favorite books read last year!
Kids/Teen/YA Best of 2013 and Year-End Summary
Final Tally for my 2013 Reading Challenges
Weekend Cooking post, with several easy, tasty weeknight recipe links.
What Are You Reading Monday is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey, with a kid/teen version hosted by Unleashing Readers.
What are you and your family reading this week?
|16 years ago today: my youngest was born!|
|Last night's birthday dinner - 16 years old today!|
What a great day for you to share baby advice today---on the birthday of your youngest! Thanks again for the advice, and thank you for sharing your reading with us this week. I hope you have a fantastic week. :)
16!!! A great year! the audio you are listening to sounds good.
Post a Comment