So, none of us had a lot of time for reading last week, but we're all in the middle of some really good books:
- I've been reading The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff. This is one of those books I probably wouldn't have read if it weren't for my book group, but I'm glad I did - it's a compelling story (two stories, really) set in a fascinating historical context. This is my neighborhood book group's 100th book, and we'll be celebrating this week with a nice dinner out.
- My husband, Ken, has been reading some of the top books in the nation. He finished The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson (he loved the whole series) and started Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.
- Jamie, 16, is working his way through The Stand by Stephen King. He's totally hooked - I had to go into his room late last night to tell him to turn off his reading light and get some sleep!
- Since The Stand is too big to haul around at school, Jamie is also reading Here Lies Arthur by Philip Reeve.
- Craig, 12, is reading Alabama Moon by Watt Key, a family favorite.
What are you and your family reading this week?
(What are you reading Mondays is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.)