- I finished The Shipping News by E. Annie Proulx and will hopefully feel well enough to go to my book group's discussion of it on Wednesday. I enjoyed this quirky, award-winning novel.
- Next I read a new teen novel, The Limit by Kristen Landon, set in the future when families who get into debt must send their oldest children to workhouses. It was good - a fast-paced suspense novel.
- Now I'm in the middle of A Soft Place to Land by Susan Rebecca White, a grown-up novel about two sisters who lose their parents when they're in their teens. It's very good so far - a good distraction during a sick week.
- My husband is reading The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff, which I finished last week. Only problem is that he's in the middle of it and it's due back at the library, so I'm trying to find him another copy!
- Jamie, 16, is still working on The Stand by Stephen King and loving it!
- Jamie is also reading Into the Wild by Jon Krakuaer for his American Literature class. I haven't read the book yet, but it was one of my favorite movies.
- Craig, 12, is reading Crispin: The Cross of Lead by Avi for his English class. He's enjoying it but is frustrated because the teacher doesn't want them reading ahead!
What are you and your family reading this week?
(What are you reading Mondays is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey).