So, we haven't had as much reading time as we did while we were away, but we are still enjoying our books this week:
- I finished Morpheus Road 2: The Black, a teen thriller about the afterlife by D.J. MacHale and enjoyed it. MacHale told the same basic story from Book 1, from the totally different perspective of a different main character, sort of like what Orson Scott Card did with Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow. It was clever and suspenseful.
- I am now re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (book 7) in preparation for this week's movie release. Fun!
- My husband, Ken, finished The Killing Hour by Lisa Gardner and enjoyed it.
- Ken is now reading Dark Life by Kat Falls, a middle-grade sci fi book that takes place under water that our son really enjoyed. Ken says it's good, though he feels the technology is less believable than typical adult sci fi novels.
- Sixteen-year old Jamie finished Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton and loved it!
- Jamie is now re-reading City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, book 1 of Mortal Instruments because he enjoyed books 3 and 4 so much on vacation, as I mentioned on the vacation book summary I posted last week.
What are you and your family reading this week?
(What are you reading Monday is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.)