Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Top Ten Kids/Teen Authors I'd Love to Meet


It's Top Ten Tuesday over at The Broke and the Bookish!  Today's topic is an intriguing one - authors I'd like to meet.  I put some thought into this one and didn't just choose my favorite book authors (though many of them are) but ones I thought would be interesting to meet and talk with.
Here is my list of Top Ten Kids/Teen/YA Authors I'd Love to Meet:

  1. J.K. Rowling – she seems to be on everyone’s list!  Specifically, I would like to ask her whether she now sees Daniel Radcliff in her mind when she thinks of Harry Potter or whether she still sees the character she first imagined.
  2. Madeleine L’Engle – my favorite childhood author.
  3. Laura Ingalls Wilder – another favorite from childhood, plus I’ve read biographies about her and she seems like she was such a kind, thoughtful, intelligent person.
  4. D.J. MacHale – loved his Pendragon series – what a great imagination!
  5. Orson Scott Card – he’s such an amazing writer – I’d love to talk with him about his novels and his writing.
  6. Suzanne Collins – our family loved both her Gregor the Overlander series and The Hunger Games series – I’d love to talk to her about all the thought-provoking issues she brings up in her books.
  7. Neal Schusterman – I’d like to talk to him about his ideas about the afterlife from his Everlost series.
  8. Kate DiCamillo – her books are so warm and clever - she seems like she'd be a wonderful person to meet.
  9. Dr. Seuss – I’ve seen him on lots of lists today – who wouldn’t want to meet the best children’s author ever?
  10. Kathryn Kenny – I don’t even know if she’s a real author or a pseudonym for a bunch of them, like Carolyn Keene, but I wanted to be Trixie Belden when I was a kid!

If you're interested in the authors of grown-up books I'd like to meet, you can check out my list at Book By Book.

Which authors would YOU like to meet?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue, this is such a good list!!!! I've got to consult Google to find out about Kathryn Kenny...you've got my curiosity going!

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog and for your thoughtful comments, as usual. I was at a conference where Orson Scott Card was the speaker and something happened with the timing of his address and he had to quit speaking before he was ready. He ended up storming out of the conference room in a huff. I still like his book, Ender's Game, the only book of his I've read, but I do think of him differently now. I notice that both of us had several favorite authors from our childhood on the list, it seemed that few other participants did that.