We had an enjoyable reading week:
- Jamie, 15, finished his nostalgic re-reading of all 14 Deltora Quest books on his shelf, an old favorite middle-grade fantasy series by Emily Rodda.
- Jamie started Freefall by Roderick Gordon and Brian Williams, the third book in a wonderful middle-grade underground adventure series. Jamie, Ken (my husband) and I all read the first book, Tunnels, which was excellent, a unique plot with plenty of suspense. I haven't gotten to Deeper yet, the second book, but Jamie's says it's even better, and he's enjoying book three now, too. The series is being made into a movie which should be amazing!
- I finished Num8ers by Rachel Ward and could hardly put it down! Check out my review of this exciting teen paranormal thriller that kept me up way past bedtime.
- Now I'm reading a grown-up novel, Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos, written by a local Wilmington author, for my library's book discussion this week. I'm enjoying it very much so far.
- Craig is reading A Wrinkle in Time for English class and still loving it! I'm thrilled that he's enjoying my favorite book from childhood!
- In the car on the way to and from Connecticut, we listened to more of Erec Rex: The Search for Truth by Kara Kingsley. This is the third book in a fantasy series we've been enjoying on audio since last summer's vacation - the boys really love this series.
(What are you reading Mondays is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey).
I really enjoyed Love Walked In and I hope you do too!
Have a great week.
I need to get numbers and the it looks like I should check out Tunnels since Jamie and I seem to have similar tastes in book.
I have a recommendation for you and your family if you have not yet read Graceling by Cashore then I strongly recommend you do so. The full cast audio version is magnificent and I believe you all will be totally enthralled with this fantasy adventure tale.
Also I am half way through The Red Pyramid by Riordan and this is another one Jamie, Craig and you will love.
Have a great week.
Yes, Tunnels was excellent, Jan - you should try it!
Thanks for the recommendation - I've heard great things about the Graceling audio - I think that will be one we bring along on our summer road trip this year!
Dying to read The Red Pyramid, too - we're big Riordan fans.
Sounds great! Happy reading to you all.
Cold here this week to Sue. 40's and rain most of the week. I like that you enjoyed Numbers! I want to read that one too :)
I have all three of the "Tunnels" books sitting on my shelf but have not had time to touch them (like so many books). Now A Wrinkle in Time is one of my favourite books so I am glad your son is enjoying it.
Enjoy your reading week!
I can't wait to read Num8ers so I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed it. Every time I see that your son is still reading Wrinkle in Time I think that I should reread it cause I haven't read it in forever.
All very fine books, i recently read the whole Percy Jackson series, great stuff.
Post a Comment