What we've been reading:
- I devoted my reading week to a bunch of kids' and teens' books. I finished the middle-grade novel William S. and the Great Escape by Zilpha Keatley Snyder and posted a review of it.
- Next, I read And Then Everything Unraveled by Jennifer Sturman. I really enjoyed this teen novel but it ended with a "To Be Continued..." so now I need to get my hands on its sequel, And Then I Found Out the Truth.
- I read another teen novel, The Reminder by Rune Michaels, an intriguing story of grief and loss, with some elements of science fiction woven in. Review to come.
- Thanks for all the input on helping Craig, 12, to pick a book from his summer reading list! I appreciated your opinions. He decided to go with the majority vote (plus he's partial to mysteries), so we went to the bookstore and bought him a copy of The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin. He brought it on the boat with him.
- Jamie, 15, couldn't bear to be in a bookstore without buying something, so while we were there, he splurged on two books for himself: City of Ashes by Casandra Clare, book 2 of the Mortal Instruments series that he started last week, and the latest book in James Patterson's Maximum Ride series, another favorite of his. He took both of them on the boat this week, along with an old sci fi novel my husband lent him, The Mote in God's Eye by Larry Niven. We watched the movie Star Trek last week, and it put him in the mood for classic science fiction. The funny thing is that he probably won't have much time for reading this week, but he doesn't go anywhere without a good supply of books!
- My husband, Ken, picked up a library book, Chasing Darkness, by one of his favorite suspense authors, Robert Crais.
(What are you reading Mondays is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey).
You and your family had a brilliant week of reading! I hope this week is just as enjoyable. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-5.html
Sounds like a great week I will be interested to see how Craig likes Westing Game. I was not real fond of it, but I know a lot of people like it. Have a great week.
I just love reading these posts! I love that you all read and I know I have said that before! :D I want to read that series with City Of Ashes too, go Jamie! :D
I hope your son likes The Westing Game. I really enjoyed it on audio. I haven't read any of the Claire books and I gave up on Maximum Ride.
Happy reading and happy week without children.
I'm new to your site. It looks very interesting. I agree with Jan: I'm not real fond of the Westing Game, but hopefully the young man will like it.
I hope you and your husband enjoy your quiet time, and that the boys enjoy their trip. Enjoy!
Post a Comment