We all enjoyed reading this week, but not much new:
- I finished A Soft Place to Land by Susan Rebecca White, a novel about sisters, and enjoyed it very much.
- With a train trip to NYC last week, I chose my next book based entirely on size and weight! Blind Descent by Nevada Barr is a nice, light paperback. Besides, I always enjoy her unique suspense novels that take place in National Parks. The main character, Anna Pigeon, is a park ranger, and this one takes place in Carlsbad Caverns. I'm a little more than halfway through it.
- Jamie, 16, is still reading The Stand by Stephen King. He's loving it, as we knew he would, but he just doesn't have much time for fun reading during the school year - too much homework!
- Jamie is also still reading Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer for his American Lit class - I loved the movie based on this book.
- Craig, 12, is still reading Crispin: The Cross of Lead by Avi for his English class and enjoying it.
- My husband, Ken, finished The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff. He was fascinated by this combination historical fiction/murder mystery novel, as I knew he would be!
- For a change of pace after that thick, complex novel, Ken has started a new middle-grade novel, Half Brother by Kenneth Oppel, with a unique plot about a family that adopts a baby chimp and treats him like a child.
Finally, though Banned Book Week is now over, you might want to check out my post about the great podcast I listened to this weekend - besides their podcast on banned books, they do a fabulous book podcast each week.
What are you and your family reading this week?
(What are you reading Mondays is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.)
Lots of great reading going on at your house! My husband hasn't been reading much, but I've been devouring a few books.
I read Crispin a couple years ago and enjoyed it.
Mostly I read picture books. Here's what I'm reading this week.
Looks like another great week for you and the boys (hubby included). Love Avi's books and use to teach two of them although I must admit I have not read Crispin (need to correct that soon). I als had some great news for our Book Battle and am announcing today that Avi will be attending the battle. Very Cool!
Hope you have a great week!
Crispin is a favorite of both my husband and my older son. I haven't read it yet, either.
I haven't read any of those! Quel surprise. I hope y'all are enjoying them.
Post a Comment