I didn't feel well last week, and then we had visitors for the weekend (my dad and his wife), so I had very little time for blogging last week but hope to catch up with all of you and with my own reviews this week. It was a great reading week, though!
- I finished Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich - lots of good laughs and light-hearted fun. Stephanie and Lula (and Grandma) just crack me up!
- I finally gave in to Jamie's urging to read The Roar by Emma Clayton, a sci fi novel that he said I would love. He was right, as usual - it is very good so far and I'm staying up too late each night reading it!
- My husband, Ken, finished The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo, a Norwegian author who has been compared to Stieg Larsson. He enjoyed it very much.
- Ken is now reading Behemoth, the second book in the Leviathan trilogy, by Scott Westerfeld.
- Jamie, 17, read Book 3: Night Rise of the series, The Gatekeepers by Anthony Horowitz. He really likes this series.
- Jamie also finished reading The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini for his World Lit class. He thought the book was OK, but he didn't like the main character and the way that he treated his best friend.
- Craig, 13, started a new marking period and a new book. He took advice from his brother (!) and is reading Revenge of the Witch, Book One in the series The Last Apprentice by Joseph Delaney.
What are you and your family reading this week?
(What are you reading Monday is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.)