Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fall Into Reading Challenge Question #7 & Update

You may recall that I have joined the Fall Into Reading Challenge hosted over at Callapidder Days.  She is posing a question each week, and this week's question is:

Is there a book that has had a tremendous impact on your life? One that made you look at life in a whole new way, or caused you to completely change something in your life?

I usually only post the weekly question on my grown-up book blog, Book By Book, but today I had a different answer for kids/teen books, so I thought I'd answer it at both blogs.


Even though I was totally hooked on reading from my very first book read, at age 4, (Go, Dog, Go! by P.D. Eastman), my second grade teacher had a dramatic impact on me when she began reading aloud to our class at the end of every day.  She read both The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and Prince Caspian (both by C.S. Lewis), and we were all enthralled. That was the impetuous that took me from the picture book area of the school library to the chapter book area, where I immediately tore through the rest of The Chronicles of Narnia.  The rest, as they say, is history, and I have never stopped reading since.  Thank you, Mrs. Holzshuh!

Katrina over at Callapidder Days says today is also about the half-way point for the challenge and time to report on our progress.  Of my list of 10 kids/teen/YA books to read in fall, I have so far read 4 of them.  That's not too bad, and I think I will finish the challenge successfully.  I posted a separate update on grown-up books (and a separate answer to the question) at Book By Book.


What book has had a tremendous impact on your life?

No comments: