Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fall Into Reading Challenge 2011

 I just signed up for the Fall Into Reading 2011 Challenge, hosted at Callapidder Days, a new-to-me blog I just discovered and will be following.  The rules are simple (you can read the whole list at the above link) - you make your own list, as long or as short as you like, of books you'd like to read this fall.  I don't normally commit to challenges, but I can do this!

So, I looked at my normal rate of reading, then came up with a list of 10 grown-up books and 10 kids/teen/YA books (I like to alternate) that I hope to read between now and December 21.  Here's the kids/teen/YA side of my list:
  1. Middle School is Worse Than Meatloaf by Jennifer L. Holm (reading now!)
  2. Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
  3. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater - I need to finally finish these sequels to Shiver!
  4. The Thirteenth Child by Patricia Wrede, based on my son's recommendation
  5. After Ever After by Jordan Sonnenblick - I never got to it on vacation in June
  6. Six Days by Philip Webb, a new post-apocalyptic novel
  7. The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch, another post-apocalyptic novel
  8. Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork
  9. Sabotaged, The Missing, Book 3 by Margaret Peterson Haddix
  10. Goldstrike by Matt Ehyman, sequel to Icecore
This was a much harder list to make than my grown-up list because our house is overflowing with middle-grade and teen/YA books review books waiting to be read!  Some of these have been on my TBR shelves for a long time.  I've included a photo so you can see just how "overbooked" I am.  On the top two shelves, everything to the left of the gaps is mine - the short stacks to the right are my husband's - plus the entire bottom shelf...all TBRs waiting to be read!  I have also included a picture of our kids/teen review basket...a real joke since the books long ago overflowed from the little basket and now often spill onto the floor!  Good thing my son reads many of these as well.  So, this will give me a good excuse to work down those piles.

If you are interested in my Fall Into Reading list of grown-up books, head over to Book By Book.  Sounds like fun?  Join in!

4 comments:

Julie Ball said...

I still love reading kids/teen/YA books! My oldest son is 7 and is an advanced reader, so I love reading books with him. Some of them I make a point to read by myself first. I will have to keep checking back here for more recommendations! Happy reading! :)

Katrina said...

I love how you're alternating between "grown-up" books and teen/YA books. I'm finding more and more enjoyment in Middle Grade and YA novels. Trying to stay ahead of my tween... :) Thanks again for being part of FIR '11!

Jan von Harz said...

You have some awesome books picked for this challenge, I look forward to reading your reviews.

april said...

Oh thanks for the reminder, Forever is totally on my list. I've been waiting for it from the library, well, forever! :)