This was an easy list for me to make here, with all kids' and teen books since so many are series now. My list includes many that have already been published that we just haven't gotten to yet. I have included ideas from my husband, Ken, and my 17-year old son, Jamie, also.
Here are the Top Ten Sequels We're Dying to Read:
- Linger and Forever by Maggie Stiefvater - I loved Shiver and the next two are sitting in a pile just waiting for me.
- Goldstrike by Matt Whyman, sequel to Icecore
- The Last Apprentice, Book 7 by Joseph Delaney (Jamie) - I bought him book 6 by mistake.
- Max by James Patterson - Maximum Ride series (Jamie) - I bought him the wrong one (again!) - see a pattern?
- Sequel to The Search for Wondla by Tony Diterlizzi - we didn't like the audio but I enjoyed finishing the book and want to know what happens next!
- Morpheus Road by D.J. MacHale (Jamie and I)
- Last book in the Num8ers trilogy by Rachel Ward (Ken, Jamie & I)
- Sequel to Orson Scott Card’s Pathfinder (Jamie & I)
- Goliath, sequel to Leviathan and Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld – only 2 more weeks! (Ken Jamie & I)
- Sequel to Unwind by Neal Schusterman (Jamie & I)
How about you? What sequels are you dying to read?
(To see my list of grown-up sequels I want to read, head over to Book By Book).