My oldest son had a rough week - oral surgery to remove his wisdom teeth on Monday, followed by a severe flare-up of his chronic illness. We had to cancel a planned trip this weekend. So, we spent lots of down time watching TV and movies and reading good books last week:
- I am still reading Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett and thoroughly enjoying it. I am not quite halfway through this hefty volume yet, but it's been engaging every minute so far!
- I finished listening to the teen/YA audio book, Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann, a creepy paranormal story. My son and I both enjoyed it very much.
- My husband, Ken, finished Tropic of Night by Michael Gruber and really enjoyed it - he moved it to my side of the TBR bookcase!
- Ken felt like a bit of comfort reading next, so he picked up one of his all-time favorite books, Dune by Frank Herbert, to re-read (for the third time maybe?). He's loving it!
- Jamie, 17, was couch-bound all week, so he made the best of it and did a lot of reading. He finished reading the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull with Book 4, Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary, and Book 5, Keys to the Demon Prison. He said it was a very satisfying end to one of his favorite series.
- He is now re-reading a favorite series by Tamora Pierce, The Immortals, beginning with Book 1, Wild Magic.
- Craig, 13, started back to school last week and back to required reading time. He is reading Philip Pullman's The Golden Compass, which he started this summer.
What are you and your family reading this week?
(What are you reading Monday is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.)