Things have been hectic around here, but we still found time to enjoy our books this week:
- I finished Great House by Nicole Krauss last week and posted a review.
- I also finished my first audio book of the year, The Novice: A Story of True Love by Thich Nhat Hanh, which is a parable about living a life devoted to the teachings of Buddha. I don't know a lot about Buddhism, but I enjoyed this unique book.
- Now I have started a new audio book, The Power of Six by Pitticus Lore, which I've been looking forward to for months. It's good so far.
- Next I read Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls, a sort of novelized prequel to her best-selling memoir, The Glass Castle. I loved this book about Walls' grandmother's life and can't wait to talk to my book group about it on Wednesday.
- Last night, I started Divergent by Veronica Roth - finally! It's an intriguing concept so far.
- My husband, Ken, is reading one of his Christmas gifts from me, In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson. I want to read it when he finishes!
- Jamie, 17, is reading The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness, Book Two in the Chaos Walking trilogy. He says it is even better than the first book.
- Craig, 14 (as of Friday!), is finishing Alibi Junior High by Greg Logsted today.
What are you and your family reading this week?
(What are you reading Monday is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.)
I have both Divergent and The Power of Six on my ereader, but have not yet read them. I will get to them eventually. I am currently listening to The Thirteenth Tale on audio and am enjoying it tremendously. Enjoy your reading week!
Glad you are enjoying the Thirteenth Tale, Stephanie. I read it a few years ago for one of my book groups. So far, I am enjoying both Divergent and The Power of Six!
Enjoy Divergent and The Ask and the Answer- they are AMAZING!!! Some of the best sci-fi books that I've ever read.
I loved Divergent! I keep forgetting I have the 3rd Chaos Walking book to read! I need to get back to it and figure out what this whole thing is all about. I'm hoping for answers!!!
You can see the books I've read and/or what's next on my blog, but I am excited to see someone tell about other Patrick Ness books. I just finished A Monster Calls. I also loved Half-Broke Horses. Nice to hear from someone else about it. I'll look up Divergent. Thanks!
Post a Comment