Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Top Ten Kids/Teen Books I'd Play Hooky With


It's Tuesday and that means it's Top Ten day over at The Broke and the Bookish.  Stop by their blog to read all of the great lists this week!

Today's topic is Top Ten Books On My Shelf I'd Like to Play Hooky With.  This is an easy one for me!  My TBR shelves are always overflowing.  And the thought of it - an entire day with nothing to do but read! - just makes my heart go pitter-patter.  Maybe someday...

In the meantime I can dream.  Here are the Top Ten Kids/Teen/YA Books On My Shelf I'd Like to Play Hooky With:
  • Blood Red Road by Moira Young - a recent dystopian novel
  • Crispin by Avi - my husband and son have been telling me for years how great this book is
  • Nation by Terry Pratchett - another one that's been languishing on my shelf for ages
  • Sharp North by Patrick Cave - my son loved this one
  • The Ear, the Eye and the Arm by Nancy Farmer - a recently re-released award-winner
  • The Knife of Never Letting Go (Book 1 of the Chaos Walking trilogy) by Patrick Ness
  • Dead to You by Lisa McMann - a recent release by a favorite author
  • Good Fortune by Noni Carter - this one has been sitting in my "to review" basket for far too many months
  • The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater - ditto
  • Strings Attached by Judy Blundell - I enjoyed What I Saw and How I Lied and look forward to this novel
How about you?  What kids/teen/YA book(s) would you grab if you could play hooky for a day and do nothing but read?


(If you'd like to see my list of Top Ten Grown-up Books I Want to Play Hooky With, check out Book By Book.)

No comments: