Yes, it's Monday, but - more importantly - it's my oldest son's 16th birthday! Yikes! How did 16 years go by so fast?? Now he'll be driving, starting his Junior year of high school, and beginning to look at colleges. But he's still a great kid and in no hurry to grow up too fast. Every year he says he loves the age he is and wishes he could stay at that age!
Besides being warm, caring, and lots of fun, Jamie absolutely LOVES to read, so this week's What Are You Reading Monday is dedicated to him!
- This week, the birthday boy read Tentacles by Roland Smith, the sequel to Cryptid Hunters which he read last week. He loves this middle-grade series about a man obsessed with tracking down mythological creatures.
- Jamie is currently reading Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson, the third book in the Maximum Ride series for teens. He said this morning that he stayed up too late reading last night because Patterson writes such gripping novels!
- I finished The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson with a marathon reading session yesterday (it worked out perfectly because I wasn't feeling well anyway). A satisfying ending to an excellent series!
- I just started a novel for elementary school kids (maybe 3rd through 6th grades), Elvis & Olive by Stephanie Watson. It's very good so far, about two very different girls who become friends.
- Craig, 12, is still reading The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin for school.
- My husband, Ken, is well into The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson and is already eyeing books 2 and 3 on the bookshelf!
What are you and your family reading this week?
(What are you reading Mondays is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey).