Yes, it's Monday, but - more importantly - it's my oldest son's 16th birthday! Yikes! How did 16 years go by so fast?? Now he'll be driving, starting his Junior year of high school, and beginning to look at colleges. But he's still a great kid and in no hurry to grow up too fast. Every year he says he loves the age he is and wishes he could stay at that age!
Besides being warm, caring, and lots of fun, Jamie absolutely LOVES to read, so this week's What Are You Reading Monday is dedicated to him!
- This week, the birthday boy read Tentacles by Roland Smith, the sequel to Cryptid Hunters which he read last week. He loves this middle-grade series about a man obsessed with tracking down mythological creatures.
- Jamie is currently reading Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson, the third book in the Maximum Ride series for teens. He said this morning that he stayed up too late reading last night because Patterson writes such gripping novels!
- I finished The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson with a marathon reading session yesterday (it worked out perfectly because I wasn't feeling well anyway). A satisfying ending to an excellent series!
- I just started a novel for elementary school kids (maybe 3rd through 6th grades), Elvis & Olive by Stephanie Watson. It's very good so far, about two very different girls who become friends.
- Craig, 12, is still reading The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin for school.
- My husband, Ken, is well into The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson and is already eyeing books 2 and 3 on the bookshelf!
What are you and your family reading this week?
(What are you reading Mondays is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey).
Happy birthday to your son!
And have a happy reading week. Looks like y'all have some great ones.
Happy Happy Birthday to your son. My youngest (twins) will be 16 in 2 1/2 months). I enjoys Stieg Larson's books. Have a great week reading. My oldest will be 18 in a little over a month. Time flies by. My Monday is here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-8.html
Happy Birthday to your son! I'm glad to hear the Hornet's Nest was a satisfying ending to the series. I was hoping it would tie things up well enough. I can't wait to start it!
Your family always impresses me! Stieg Larsson is on my list to be read yet this summer. I know, I am pushing my luck. The first one is our September book club read so that will be helpful :D
Hope Jamie had a great birthday, I started back to school yesterday and didn't make my rounds like I usually do on Monday.
I have not read Smith's series, but I loved his newer series IQ.
Sorry to here you weren't feeling well, hoping it has past.
Have a great week.
Post a Comment