My sons are 14 and 17. They both love adventure and suspense. One loves fantasy; the other enjoys it sometimes but only if it is really good. They both enjoy dystopian novels, too, and everyone loves humor.
Some of our past favorites have included:
- The Harry Potter series (of course)
- Boom! by Mark Haddon
- The Oracles of Delphi Keep by Victoria Laurie
- Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (of course!)
- Prism by Faye and Aliza Kellerman (a favorite)
- Things Not Seen by Andrew Clements
Have they read The Hunger Games - the first book is worth listening to.
Tomorrow When the World Began is a popular series.
Carag (can't remember author but on my side bar on goodreads)
Any james Bond books - maybe a bit too hot in places??
We have all read Hunger Games, but the rest sound like good suggestions, Leanne! I hadn't thought of considering adult audios, but they are getting older, so that is a definite possibility.
Oooh...maybe something like The Hobbit or another "classic".
Thanks for the ideas!
Post a Comment